What do these three images have in common? Violent deaths apart, it seems nothing. The first one is a 1883-canvas...
KFG UrbRel (FOR 2779)
We are interested in the connections between urbanity and religion.
This blog is connected to the DFG-funded Humanities Centre for Advanced Studies “Religion and Urbanity: Reciprocal Formations” (FOR 2779). We are based at the Max Weber Centre for Advanced Cultural and Social Studies at Erfurt University.
- Exploring Asian Religions in Europe
- Réseau de recherche sur l’histoire des femmes religieuses
- Passions and the Mystical
- The Inquisition(s) and the Christian East, 1500-1800
- Classicamente. Dialoghi senesi sul mondo antico
- Ancient mosques in their spatial context
- History, Philology and Archaeology of Zoroastrianism
- Spirituality, Healthcare and Social Movements in East Asia. A Transnational Perspective
- Texts surrounding texts
- Nouveaux mondes, anciens mondes, mondes perdus