In the winter of 2021/22, the Humanities Centre for Advanced Studies “Religion and Urbanity” (UrbRel) was positively evaluated for a second funding phase and in April 2022 the main committee of the DFG granted a second funding period from 2023 until 2026. During this time, the UrbRel group will continue its work within the chosen temporal and spatial framework of the first millennium BC until today in Europe, the Mediterranean and South Asia. To this end, we have selected three focal areas of investigation and will establish three focus groups: Group formation and segmentation, mercantilisation, and boundary drawing.
KFG UrbRel (FOR 2779)
We are interested in the connections between urbanity and religion.
This blog is connected to the DFG-funded Humanities Centre for Advanced Studies “Religion and Urbanity: Reciprocal Formations” (FOR 2779). We are based at the Max Weber Centre for Advanced Cultural and Social Studies at Erfurt University.
- Sciences, Technosciences and Faith in the Era of Integral Ecology
- Personnes trans, queer et « troisième genre » en pays musulmans
- Religious minorities as drivers of change: The case of Protestantism
- For an international transdisciplinary chair
- Doing Ethnography of Contemporary “Spiritual” Practices: Methodological Challenges towards Relationality, Communication, and Presence
- Conflicts and catastrophes