Religion has played an important role in European history in a number of ways. On the one hand, as a phenomenon it shaped individual regions as religious and cultural areas and often influenced the designation of larger territories (e. g. ‘Catholic Europe’) as well as individual regions or places determined by religious difference….
KFG UrbRel (FOR 2779)
We are interested in the connections between urbanity and religion.
This blog is connected to the DFG-funded Humanities Centre for Advanced Studies “Religion and Urbanity: Reciprocal Formations” (FOR 2779). We are based at the Max Weber Centre for Advanced Cultural and Social Studies at Erfurt University.
- Exploring Asian Religions in Europe
- Réseau de recherche sur l’histoire des femmes religieuses
- Passions and the Mystical
- The Inquisition(s) and the Christian East, 1500-1800
- Classicamente. Dialoghi senesi sul mondo antico
- Ancient mosques in their spatial context
- History, Philology and Archaeology of Zoroastrianism
- Spirituality, Healthcare and Social Movements in East Asia. A Transnational Perspective
- Texts surrounding texts
- Nouveaux mondes, anciens mondes, mondes perdus